I gotta say, this week kinda stretched. At times it was fast and at times it was really slow. All in all. I gotta say it seems pretty fast.
New House
This week went much faster than last week I gotta admit. Thursday last week we moved to a new apartment. The new apartment is one room smaller than the other one, so we all have to sleep in the same room just as we did in Park City. To be honest, I like the new house a lot more. The other house was an ugly bright blue green color: everything was this color. Our new house is yellow, orange and red with a blue floor. I like the new colors more. I guess, ha. And our new house is a lot more clean, maybe because it's brand new and doesn't have 3 years of missionaries. Whatever the case it IS cleaner!
Hot Water
We have been with out water for the last few days, so Elder Castaneda so gracialsy "borrrowed" from the neighbors so we can all bathe. Here, you get your water for the house from a big tank thing that at the top of the house and our's has been empty for some unknown reason. So having to bathe with a bowl and a 5 gallon bucket of water sparked a great idea. At our house we have these little metal things that are used for heating up water. They probably sell them here to help heat up the water for a big pot or something. But I used it for a...... drum roll please... Water heater! Man, you have no idea how good it felt to bathe with hot water for the first time in what seems like years. It was such a nice relief, you dont even know!
Personal Study and Preparation
Something else that helped me a lot this week was to absolutely make sure that I get my personal study in every day. I can't believe how important it is to get personal study in. It really just brought a different attitude and a different spirit into my day. As Jeffery R Holland taught us in the MTC, "your morning makes you day, and your day makes your months, which make your mission, which make you life." I honestly believe that becasuse my studies helped my day so much and it helped my week so much! I have also begun to implement working out into my day as well, which has been a help.
I'm an Electrician
One other funny story of the week (mom is gonna hate this one) is I got to play electrician this week!! Woo hoo! One of the wires in our house fried, so after doing our laundry (by hand) me and Elder Caseñeda decided that we need to have electicity in the rest of the house--mostly for our empty fridge. So, I inspected the wire. We had to sacrifice an outlet location for this but now we are down an outlet in the kitchen and with electicity in the rest of the house. Lets just hope that my twisting 2 wires together is a good enough job to last as long as we are in the house, but then again, that's how the whole house is, so we should be good ;)
A Baptism and Madagascar 2
So this week I had the opportunity of going to Tres Valles fo a boutism, its about 30 mins away and looks the exact same as here in Tierra Blanca. The font had no water because something was wrong with the church, so we had the opportunity to hand-fill the font with 5 gallon buckets and a nearby members home. It was work! But the important part was done, and 2 people were baptized. Then we got on the bus (the main form of transportation here) and rushed back home, on the way home the bus was playing Madagascar 2 and I couldn't help but watch. Man, I love that movie. "Now who would like a cookie?!" Man, epic... but we got back just in time to have the Baptism of Guadalupe as well, which I was given the opportunity to do the service. It all went well and I'm really looking to just sitting back and learning from Elder Casteñeda this week instead of trying to voice my opinion. Right now, I just really need to follow and learn and just wait until President Hansen calls me as a leader to lead. After all, all good leaders were good followers at one point of time, so I'm just re-learning this philosophy. I must same I'm so grateful to be here. The weather has been so beautifull the last few days. It' rained everyday and been very clowdy and I'm focusing more on my calling than myself, and that's the most important thing right now.
I love you all and thanks for everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tanner LOVES to hear about how you're doing. Any comments will be sent to Elder Nelson via email every Sunday night.