So, I have officially been in the field for 10 days! Woo Hoo! What I would give to be back in the nest (aka the mtc).
Man, it's been an interesting week in my new area. I am now in Kerns, Utah (yeah, I know, I laughed too). We are out on the far West side of the SLC Valley by the huge copper mine, just north of it basically. There are a surprising amount of houses out here and its extremely hilly. We dont have a car here, so we all ride bikes. My bike is from the stone age. It's like a 1941 beach cruzer, so it's pretty interesting. But the cool thing is the gear shifter is in the center, so it's almost like driving a motorcycle. But I am always the first one to the top of the hill, which is definitely something I always try to do. Lance Armstrong better watch out cuz I'm coming for him!
Im in another four-some companionship. It's three greenies and a guy with 2 months left. He was AP for 7 months, so I'm trying to learn a lot from him, but it's hard with 2 other people doing the same because we are always switching up the companionships for the day. One of my companions is Elder Stradling from Mesa. He is related to the Stradlings in our ward actually.
My Spanish is being forced to come along because of this, so that makes up for not being in Mexico. I'm surprised with how much grammar i remember--thank goodness for divine intervention.
I'm not gonna lie, this week has been tough just with everything that been going on. There are people that don't like me at first because I'm from Arizona, but that's their problem I guess. Actually, there were some people that I have told that I'm from Preston, Idaho, ha, but that backfired a little when I didn't know anything about Preston, hahah. But ohh well!
Umm, we met the new Mission President today. He is a really cool guy, and he is funny. He said his family is a lot like from what I described my family to be.
I'm glad this hasn't been a hectic summer at home. I'm missing the "chill"ness of life: working and then playing. Here, it is just working so you can work some more. But I'm working on it! haha, And I'm striving to love it. It will come i know. I'll let you know more next week. Thanks for the love and prayers. If you want my address, just look up the Salt Lake City South Mission Office.
Thanks for everything again.
I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tanner LOVES to hear about how you're doing. Any comments will be sent to Elder Nelson via email every Sunday night.